FLOORING & WALLS
BIG AND BEAUTIFUL, ALL ABOUT LARGE FORMAT PORCELAIN SLABS
WHAT ARE LARGE-FORMAT PORCELAIN SLABS?
You probably already have porcelain in your home. Many kinds of dinnerware, vases, floor tiles, sinks and toilets are made from porcelain. For centuries, it has been appreciated as a beautiful, strong and durable material, and the individuals and companies working with the material are continuing to find new uses for it. Originating in Europe and finally jumping across the pond to American homes, porcelain slabs are like porcelain tiles, but much, much bigger. They are often available in sizes of up to 10-by-5 feet, and can be custom-ordered in even larger sizes. Because they are only 6 to 12 mm thick, they are easy to work with and lightweight Large-format thin slabs are ideal for flooring since it allows for the look without the thickness issues that came with using stone slab on the floor.” They really make a statement and can be used in ways that marble and other natural stones cannot. They are not made by artisans, but in very impressive, high-tech facilities where much of the process is automated and handled by machines and robots.
TTHE BENEFITS OF LARGE FORMAT PORCELAIN SLABS
1. May Save You Money
2. Fewer Joints and Seams
3. Uses Less Grout: This means less mess during installation, but it also means the end result is more visually appealing.
4. Easy to Install: Only an adhesive is needed for install, followed by a cement or epoxy grout for seams. However, installation is not suitable as a DIY project and should be done by professionals.
5. Easy to Maintain: Porcelain is easy to clean and difficult to damage. There is no ongoing maintenance necessary to maintain the beauty of porcelain slabs.
6. Heat-Resistant: Because porcelain is fired at such high temperatures, any temperature it will experience in your home is much lower, making it ideal for countertops.
7. Does Not Stain: Because porcelain is denser and less porous than other materials, it is ideal for any residential application.
8. Does Not Get Scratched or Worn: Durability is important for both residential and commercial applications, so the strength of porcelain is a great benefit.
9. Can Be Installed on Existing Surfaces: Large-format porcelain can be installed right over current flooring or counters, making it a great option for home renovations.
10. Unlimited Variety of Surface Designs: Sky’s the limit! Solid colors, floral designs, geometric patterns, stone-look, wood-look, concrete-look and more.
11. So Many Applications: In the home, applications include walls, floors, backsplashes, countertops, sinks, tubs, showers, fireplace surrounds, furniture, exterior cladding, pools, patios and more.
By: Rachel Kinbar
LARGE FORMAT PORCELAIN SLABS
Azzaro Surfaces is a brand on large format quartz slabs and porcelain slabs that boast remarkable style and elegance in the comforts of your house.
Ask the professionals.
WE CAN HELP YOU
Here are a few of many projects we have completed for our customers. We provide a professional service
DO IT ONCE. DO IT WITH QUARTZ OR PORCELAIN.
Total Dedication to Your Vision.